2019 ITEM Summer Leadership: YALSA Workshop
July 18, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
ISD 279-Osseo Area Schools' Educational Service Center
Student Voice & Choice Hot Dish: Recipes for Better Relationships, Better Learning & Computational Thinking Made Easy
What Is Connected Learning (CL)?
Learn the core concepts of Connected Learning (relationships, interests and real-world application) and how this can look in libraries by looking at a practice model and thinking about adapting the concepts to your own setting.
- Understand the philosophy of Connected Learning as it relates to Educational and Career opportunities
- Explore the Six Principles of Connected Learning
- Think about how to operationalize Connected Learning theory into practice
- Learn about how a library has incorporated Connected Learning into a production-centered site
Connecting CL & Computational Thinking (CT)
Even for beginners, CT doesn’t need to be scary. Ditch the fear by getting hands-on experience and a chance to discuss what computational thinking is and how it can be integrated into children’s and teen activities. Then discuss ways to combine that with Connected Learning for killer programs.
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate how CL environments support youth learning of CT
- Understand how to get started designing CL-connected CT activities
Current members: $35
Workshop + reduced-price membership: $85 ($10 savings)
Lunch (a variety of sandwiches) is included, and attendees earn 6 CEUs.
Note: The workshop is geared to grades 3-12
Registration deadline is July 7. Space is limited, so don't delay.
Note: You must be a current member and be logged in to this site to see the member registration option on the left. If you have trouble logging in, contact Deanna at email@example.com.